Week 20 brought some JS tips and tricks, Polymer was announced at Google I/O, some nice presentations and a paper were posted and so on… Enjoy reading and exploring!
- When to refactor code
- Reactor – a foundation for asynchronous applications on the JVM
- Developing a jQuery Plugin from Scratch
- Google’s Polymer and the future of web UI frameworks
- Why Go?
- Exploiting a Go Binary
- a paper from HyperDex, Warp: Multi-Key Transactions for Key-Value Stores
- an excellent presentation on Scaling Realtime at DISQUS by Adam Hitchcock
- one more excellent presentation, Introduction to Big Data/Machine Learning
- pro advice in how to frame a print in Framing your Zen Pencils print
- Programmer. Come Work For Us.
- Dealing With a Fear of Technological Change?
- Nine Lessons for Innovators from a Nobel Prize-Winning Psychologist
- Tapping Into Your EQ.
- Polymer – a Web Components library (HN discussion)
- Go 1.1 – new version of Go released (as usual, links to the announcements)
- Netty 4.0.0.CR3 – Netty is nearing the next major release
- LinkedLists.net – see the the most popular links posted by developers to Stack Overflow, filterable by tag
- Funnel Chart – in HTML 5 (related blog post – Why NOT the Funnel Chart?)